Sunday, May 20, 2012

Adventures in Eating


This girl LOVES to eat.  As soon as we sit down to the kitchen table she army crawls her way over to get in on the action.  We started out feeding her the typical baby foods--mashed bananas, rice cereal, oatmeal, applesauce, etc.  Then we'd give her little tastes of what ever we were eating and she LOVED that.  Very quickly she has graduated from mushy simple baby foods to salmon, mahi mahi, tomatoes, cous cous, hummus, pasta with creamy goat cheese sauce, beans, bell peppers, whole wheat bread, waffles, cheese, the list could go on and on.  No simple purees for her!  In fact the other day I pulled out some frozen zucchini puree I had made a few weeks ago and warmed it up.  She was not interested at all.  Mixed with a little hummus and she couldn't get enough.  I think we have a foodie on our hands!

Interestingly she does not hum like her brother.  Yes at almost six years old, he still hums while he eats!

2 comments:

Heather said...

My goodness, is she ever going to start growing hair:) I actually love bald babies, I love kissing their soft head, hair just gets in the way:) I'm glad you have such an eager eater, hopefully she'll continue that!!

Anonymous said...

Well she eats like her brother, now if she could just teach her cousin Carter that food is good and a necessary part of life. Hah maybe not as good as I have learned that. Graany S