Tuesday, March 02, 2010

My Newest Addiction


In college I loved going to Jamba Juice. One of my favorite Jamba's was the Peanut Butter Moo'd. I considered it a dessert though because it was so rich. Just looking up the calories now--boy, was I right--770 calories for the original size!

Well a few months ago I saw a recipe for banana ice cream and had to make it. Pretty much you take ripe (almost brown but not brown) bananas, cut them in slices and freeze them for 2 hours. Then you stick them in your food processor (or blender) and blend them until they are the consistency of ice cream. So the other morning I made a home made version of the Peanut Butter Moo'd and now I'm addicted. Here's what I do...

a spoonful of Costco's Kirkland Organic Peanut Butter
two spoonfuls of banana ice cream
a scoop of chocolate protein powder
enough 1% milk to reach desired consistency

Still not a low calorie treat but probably a bit better than 770 calories and it's great fuel before a cycle class. YUM!

4 comments:

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

i've been meaning to tell you that i've made that banana ice cream three times since you gave it to me. yum! i have to stop though. still extra calories! that peanut butter one sounds to die for.

Bud & Kim said...

Oh YUM!

EmJay said...

Thanks for the recipe. It looks yummy. I am waiting for my 2 bunches of bananas I bought from Costco to ripen!