Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's Official!

We're moving to North Carolina. I've hesitated to say for sure that we were moving there til the apartment contract was in place and now I can--yay! We're planning to move the end of March and Luke will be doing medical sales. We are so excited for warm weather, lots of good basketball, weekend trips to the beach, and did I mention warm weather? I can't get over it. The average annual snow fall in Raleigh is 4.6 inches--Minneapolis is 45.3 inches!

Two weekends ago we took a trip down there to scout out the area. We looked at lots of rentals and apartments, sized up the nearby shopping (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Super Target are all really close!), drove around Raleigh, Duke, and UNC, and even tried some North Carolina BBQ. It was in the 60's and 70's while we were there and I was in HEAVEN. Here are a few pictures of Jordan from the trip...
He loved having fruit loops and belgium waffles for breakfast every morning.

9 comments:

Christina said...

My jealousy knows no bounds.

jamie said...

Congrats! Brett has been trying to get into that here!!!

Tiffany said...

crap. i was really holding out hope that you'd end up in phoenix... or wherever we end up! but better weather is a great bonus. you'll love it... except phoenix's snow fall is never.... and always sunny!

Julie said...

I'm insanely jealous, but very happy for you. I'm sure you will love it!!!

Who Knew . . . said...

I can't wait to visit. I guess meeting up in Seattle for Easter will just have to do until I can make a trip down to NC.

monica said...

and how quick is the drive from here to there or better yet, what weekend do you want to visit us?

did you get a new camera?

Camille said...

How exciting for you guys! You are going to LOVE the sunshine.

Bud & Kim said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys. Now maybe we have an excuse to visit our old summer stomping ground at Oceanisle Beach!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a step. You will love it!