Sunday, October 21, 2007

So long good friend.


Luke asked me today if I had blogged about my car. I told him I hadn't and he was surprised. So I guess I should share. I mentioned awhile back that the brakes and struts went out on my car and after getting an estimate $,$$$.$$ we decided not to fix it. So last Sunday I listed it on Craigslist and Monday morning I woke up to 34 emails regarding the car. I had people that were offering to pay me cash sight unseen. Wow! We were totally not expecting that kind of a response. So I emailed all 34 people back and told them the condition of the car and my cell number if they were still interested. Well the first person we showed the car to bought it. He's a mechanic and is going to fix it up and sell it to his friend. So he gave us the money, we gave him the title, and off he went. About an hour later Luke gets a phone call from the guy and he tells Luke that on his way home the TIRES START ON FIRE! He had to pull over to the side of the highway and put the fires out. Luke said the guy was laughing and called because he thought we would find it funny too. Well as long as he doesn't want his money back--we think its hilarious!

6 comments:

Jill said...

haha, I remember that car! At least it lasted for so long! Now is the whole family going to ride motorcycles? I bet you could get a helmet for Jordan. :)

TUG said...

So when Steph tells me that she used to burn rubber in that car she meant it litterally!?!?!?!

Tiffany said...

good thing that guy had the car and not you when the tires went up in flames! that's pretty funny! and good thing he wasn't rude or annoyed. haha. i'm sure going to miss that car!!! i think her and i knew each other for what... 10 years or something? how sad to see your "silver" car go! haha

Unknown said...

Nothing but laughs on my end...
-sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories. . .

I still have a hard time coming to the realization of how long ago Dad bought that car for me. And even more amazing s how long you have been driving it and all the places you have taken it: MI, ID, NC, IL, MN, for highscool, college, marriage and baby. I thought for sure Jordan would be getting his own set of keys in 2022.

Camille said...

Oh my gosh!!! What are the odds? So glad you weren't driving! We had a car spontaneously combust in out parking lot in Rexburg, I wish we would have sold it first!