Thursday, October 01, 2009

Been There, Done That.

I can now say I have been to the NC Zoo and have no reason to go back. I had heard a lot about it and had the impression it was going to be really good--eh, not so much. The zoo is split into two areas: North American animals and African animals. While we did see a good amount of animals it still seemed lacking. Where were the panda bears, kangaroos, tigers, flamingos, etc? (yes, I know panda bears come from china and kangaroos from australia--but they are zoo staples, I just expected them to be there) On a more positive note we had the BEST weather (sunny and 70's) and very little crowds.




I brought along Jordan's stroller b/c I had heard that there was a ton of walking and there was. Jordan rode in it for the half the time and the other half he chose to push the stroller. Can I tell you how liberating it felt to walk EMPTY handed through the zoo?! No diaper bag/purse/kid in my arms or stroller to push, it was wonderful!



Pretending to be a helicopter pilot on an elephant tracking mission.


Riding the carousel. (do you know the difference between a merry go round and a carousel? merry go rounds are just horses and carousels have a variety of animals. who knew?!)



Overpriced ice cream gets a thumbs up!



I thought this was really cool. There was a kidzone area with different activities for kids. This particular activity was a long 5ft tall wall that kids could chalk on and then there were big barrels of water and lots of paint brushes and a few squirt bottles. It was really neat to see their creativity and imagination.
All in all a good day at the zoo.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

grandma wishes she was there, it looks fun. He looks so grown up, boo hoo. Granny S

L said...

aww very cute! I love the zoo! wish i could have come. Maybe your next stop should be Bear world! How about it!??
Aunt Lisa