A friend mentioned to Luke yesterday that our blog has been lacking. I agree. As I lay in bed last night I thought about that and came up with a couple of reasons why:
1. It's -2 degrees here (and we're not even talking windchill). We don't go anywhere, we don't do anything. So I have nothing to blog about. Unless of course you want to see my messy house or Jordan's latest train track--I'll spare you.
2. With Luke in semi retirement (I realize some of you may be clueless as to what I mean -- he sold his business back in October) we are spending lots of family time together. Our day starts at 8 or 9 or sometimes 10, we go to the gym, we build trains and play airplanes, and we go to bed. Not really exciting but definitely relaxing.
3. I'm still dealing with health issues and don't want to be a debbie downer by complaining to all of you.
That's what I came up with. I hope to have a more exciting life in the future. Definitely a new job, possibly a move, hopefully better health, and an abundance of 'quality' posts to share.
How's that for keeping it real? :)
6 comments:
The winter blues are not good for the blog. I feel the same way! I'm sorry to hear you are having health issues, I hope you start feeling better soon.
I was just thinking the same thing about my blog. It is hard to feel creative and full of energy when you get the life sucked right out of you by a -15 brisk breeze blowing through. By the time I get back in the house to thaw after putting Wally on the bus, I am about ready to call it a day. At 8:00 in the morning! Next time you come down, lets go to dinner, and we can both blog about it. Exciting huh?
I can understand most of that. When we are in AK we don't go out much in Subzero temps. Justin isn't semi retired but he is a pilot which means he rarely works :). I am sorry about all of the health issues, I really hope that you are doing ok! And i know you like to sew. On my last post I mentioned doing a scrap swap, is that something you would maybe want to do?
So did he start and sell pest control?
Well he looks like one of his Aunts loving his homework. Luke come out of semi retirement so your mamma can find somthing else to worry about. Granny S
What, you guys sold your business? Why? What's going on with you? Be a debbie downer and share, we love you guys and want to know the good and the bad. Hope things are going well other wise. Jake is a little semi- retired also, but unfortunatley not by choose. Take care and hang in there! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment