Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Minnesota Thing?

In the last week or so, I've come across these Christmas cookies four times. I never in 26 years of my life and living in 10 different states have I ever seen them before. So I've started to wonder if they are a Minnesota thing? They are SUPER easy to make (as long as you can find the round pretzels) and taste really good. Jordan and I made some this afternoon and it went a lot like this...

One rolo for mommy, one rolo for Jordan, one rolo on the cookie sheet, one rolo for mommy, one rolo for Jordan, one rolo on the cookie sheet.... :)


Here's the details:
Lay a piece of parchment paper on your cookie sheet (or you can be wild and daring and go without the paper).
Spread out the pretzels and place a hug, kiss, or rolo in each pretzel.


Bake at 200 degrees for 8 minutes.
Remove from oven and press an m&m into each one while still warm. For a more adult version, I've heard the rolo's are really good with a pecan on top.
Place the cookie sheet in the fridge to harden the chocolate.
Enjoy!
P.S. In my opinion the zebra stripes of the hugs look better, but the rolo ones taste better. :)

4 comments:

Who Knew . . . said...

Looks like Jordan enjoys the cookies.

Anonymous said...

this sounds really good,especially since you only use 1/3 of the rollos for the cookies. huh maybe that was why he was so wired on Sunday, kind of like the diet coke thing that his bad grandma shared with him Granny S

Liz said...

i thought i left a comment saying i'd just seen them on my Minnesotan mother in law's blog, but must not have...

then my Dad came home with some from his nurse here in arkansas so it must not be just a MN thing!

Tanya C. said...

Wonderful! We make those too. But i have never seen the round pretzels, they look yummy!