My church calling is Activity Days Leader and this past week we had a Daddy Daughter Luau. The girls spent the previous two activities making invitations and decorations and then this week was the party. My co leader and I got to the church an hour early to decorate and start warming up the food...and it was locked. So half an hour later we finally got into the church and scrambled to get everything set up and warmed up in time. It was a little crazy but in the end I think it turned out really cute.
We served Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner and each of the girls brought a topping. We played aloha bingo, bowling for pineapples, and had a hula hoop contest. The night was finished off with brownies and ice cream--mmmm!
3 comments:
I totally remember doing that same thing with my dad! Fun! I am glad people still do that kind of stuff with their callings.
Very fun! You are so perfect for that calling! With all your creativity! You aren't by any chance going to be visiting on June 21st are you? I am having a luncheon, and if you are here, you are welcome!
and to think you didn't feel well, what a woman. Granny S
Post a Comment