Wednesday, January 23, 2008

new tricks

The paint is still drying so I can't show pictures quite yet...hopefully tomorrow. Posting that I was going to show pictures though got me motivated to get this project done....I started it in JUNE! I might have to start posting my daily goals--I might actually get something done.

On to new tricks...

Jordan has figured out how to open our front door. He actually figured it out awhile ago but never really cared...until recently. As soon as you put on his shoes he is ready to go. Well the other day I made the mistake of getting him all ready to go to the gym and then I went in the bedroom to change into my workout clothes. Sure enough, as soon as I'm completely undressed I hear the front door click. I quickly threw my pjs back on and ran after him. The scary thing is our apartment building is HUGE. And to make matters worse Jordan knows how to push the elevator buttons. I spoke to management about adding another lock (the one on the door unlock's itself when you pull on the door handle) but they won't because it's against fire code. So for now we have a chair blocking the front door from our little Houdini.

Jordan discovered his other trick last night. We try to only give him his binky when he's in his crib (or screaming during church). So last night he was bound and determined to have his binky and figured out how to climb into his crib and get it. Of course he can't get out (thank goodness!) but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Today he was so proud to show me his new trick...