Thursday, January 31, 2008

Feeling productive.

The last couple days have been out of control cold so besides the necessary trips to the gym and the grocery store we've been hanging out at home. I recently bought some of this fabric and this pattern......with the hopes that I could remember what I learned in my Beginning Sewing 101 at BYU-I. Surprisingly, it all came back to me...
I made the small one for me and the big one for my sister (surprise!).

The pattern was really easy to follow and I think they turned out pretty cute.

8 comments:

Camille said...

WAY cute! I love the City Girl fabric too. This looks like a really fun project to use some of it.

Also, thanks for the decorating idea. I especially love the idea of the file with ideas... now I just have to out and get a stack of magazines!

Camille said...

ideaS. I can't type today. :-)

Who Knew . . . said...

Sweet! I am surprised and I love it. The bag looks so cool. I can't wait!

House of Smiths said...

okay, this might sound really lame but I want to BUY ONE! SERIOUSLY they are PERFECT> I want a big one to use as a second diaper bag/purse when I have to run quick errands. I'm so jealous I don't even know how to sew on a button. REALLY, think about how much you could charge someone for a bag like that, and LET US ALL KNOW! You really are SO talented!

MegEddins said...

So cute! I think that we would all pay you to make one for us. Way to use your talents!

Liz said...

those are so cute!

Michelle said...

yeah, Alicia. I want to buy one, too. Of course I also want to buy the rights that will allow me to tell people, "yes, I made it. It was sooo easy-- it took me like 10 minutes, seriously" :-)

Unknown said...

I LOVE these purses! So fabulous! Way to go! Hope your weekend is happy!