Thursday, November 08, 2007

Gratitude


I put together activities twice a month for the 8-11 yr old girls at my church. Last night we talked about gratitude and then I had them make gratitude journals. They turned out really cute so I thought I would share. I bought those cheap plastic picture albums at Michaels and then brought a bunch of my leftover/never used scrapbook supplies for them to create with. They all wrote four little paragraphs on things they are grateful for and then they will add a picture when they get home. One of the more 'hyper' girls said she was thankful for pie. So I told her well you have four pieces of paper to write on so why don't you come up with three more things you're grateful for. A few minutes later she showed me her book and she was thankful for apple pie, pumpkin pie, blueberry pie, and cherry pie!

7 comments:

Camille said...

What a great idea! My young women would love this.

TUG said...

I seriously laughed out loud.

I also heart pie, but I am sure I could come up with some other things that I am grateful for.

Unknown said...

Cute idea! And about Jeffrey with the bed. We are making the transition very slowly. He takes his naps in the bed and sleeps in the crib at night. Lucky for us we have that convenience with a bed and a crib in the room. We tried the bed one night and he woke up in the middle of the night scared, standing on the step stool next to the bed. Naps are fine. And no "NO" phase yet. He doesn't say much at all. So keep me informed with that one.

Jessie said...

That is hilarious! It got me thinking about the small things I am grateful for in life. I guess pie is one of them. Along with cake! Devil's food, Bundt, chocolate... you get the picture. That is a fun calling! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for a sister who posts tons of pictures of Jordan and adds to her blog on a regular basis.

Unknown said...

You have to tell me how you do your cool heading! I am dying for something new on our blog!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

I am thankful you are coming next week with the pudding lover. Granny s