Saturday, September 08, 2007

A few good things...

Luke's office has paperwork piling up like crazy so today we took a family field trip to the office to do some filing. For our treat we stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home. I got their new blizzard flavor COTTON CANDY...The drive-thru girl assured me that it was really good and that she eats it on all her breaks. So I tried it...and it is VERY GOOD. It has little bits of candy in it and they add a nice texture to the ice cream. I really liked it, Luke liked it, and no surprise Jordan LOVED it. You gotta try it!

Also, I went and picked out my fabric for my beginners quilting class and it screams me. (Sorry the lighting in the picture is not very good.) Most of the fabric is the Blossom line by Moda. So excited to start my class and make something out of this cool fabric!
Another cool thing, I think Jordan said his first word yesterday. We were looking at homes with the realtor and in one house they had one of those giant exercise balls and the second he saw it he went running towards it and said 'ba!' I was shocked! Jordan jabbers a lot and we think we've figured out that he says mamamama when he wants more of something but this is the first time he's used the right word for something--yay!



I think I've said before how much I LOVE Cafe Rio's pork barbacoa... Well, when I came across this recipe I just had to make it and see for myself if it's anything like 'the real thing'. So last night we had the missionaries over and I made it and.....it is! Definitely, not the real thing but VERY good and VERY similar. Even the creamy tomatillo ranch turned out really good. Both of the missionaries were from Utah and loved Cafe Rio and they said it was very good. So I pass it along to any of you that have a deep love for Cafe Rio's pork barbacoa. :)

Speaking of Cafe Rio...I will be eating the REAL thing next week! Luke and I are headed to Lake Powell for a much needed vacation and stop(s) at Cafe Rio are a must! We are leaving Jordan with Luke's parents in Chicago and I am SO GRATEFUL that they are willing to watch him--thank you thank you thank you. I have a nice stack of books and magazines that I am dying to read and well to not change diapers, fix dinner, or deal with whining for SIX whole days just sounds FABULOUS!


So, see you in a week!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Thanks for the recipes! Those look delicious and I am constantly craving Cafe Rio! Also, I don't know if you saw it, but I won one of the quilt patterns from Thimble Blossoms so thanks for the heads-up! I haven't started it yet, but I'm very excited to get it out after we move. So thanks again!

Tiffany said...

LAKE POWELL? THAT'S ONLY 4 1/2 HOURS FROM PHOENIX! YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY MAKE A STOP IN MESA (only a little out of the way). I love, love the fabric!

Camille said...

Your vacation sounds heavenly- I am so jealous! I love your fabric too! That is the line I used for Drama Queen- it is so much fun!

Who Knew . . . said...

When are you coming home? I am bored of this post already. Entertain me! Do you think I am busy working ALL day? I need my Jordan fix.