Thursday, June 14, 2007

Somebody turn down the heat!

So the last few days have been 90 degrees here in Minneapolis and Jordan and I have been pretty much housebound and surprisingly happy. I've tried to take Jordan to the library or the store but it is way too hot out and he hates it (you know the whole sunscreen, hot carseat, sun in his eyes). So for now we are content hanging out in our apartment. Here's what we've been up to...

Lots of Netflix and Blockbluster All Access. I am in the processing of switching over from Netflix to BB and so I am doing the two week free BB All Access trial. Right now I am getting EIGHT movies at a time = couch potatoe heaven! I just watched Flicka, Stranger Than Fiction, and now I'm in the middle of Marie Antoinette, plus I have most of season one of The OC still to be watched. Don't worry though, I'm not totally wasting away, I have finished a few good books...The Namesake, Fever 1793, and Snowflower and the Secret Fan. As well as I have started my summer project. I saw this really cute quilt and the girl that made it just started selling the pattern in her etsy shop http://www.thimbleblossoms.etsy.com/. I thought it would be the perfect summer project.

At this point you are probably wondering what Jordan does while I read, watch movies, and sew...HE PLAYS! Just kidding, he's usually taking naps or in bed for the night. He has been really busy though practicing his standing. I don't have any good pictures of it b/c the second he sees you watching him he plops down and starts laughing--what a stinker! He's also gotten good at unloading cabinets, drawers, the armoire...and eating dominoes.

Well I am off to do my workout for the day--I gotta do something to combat all the effects of movie watching and mini Nilla Wafer eating!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I only feel slightly sorry for you since it's 110 here! Haha. But when you're not used to 90, it's HOT! I feel for ya! But glad you are having such a good time with books and movies. Now I highly recommend you read "The Peacegiver" by James Ferrell. It's excellent and can be found on amazon or deseretbook.

Anonymous said...

Alicia-
Thanks for the mention on your blog! That was so nice of you! I love your blog, you have such a cute little family. Good luck with all your summer projects!