Wednesday, June 27, 2007

One year older and wiser too...

I started to write a post about Jordan and what he is like at one year old...and then it got a little long and kind of sentimental so I decided not to post it. But I will tell you that he is a sweet little guy and we are so happy he came to our family. Everyday he gets more and more personality and opinions and we love watching him grow.
We didn't really do much to celebrate his birthday today. I wasn't feeling too good and Luke was at work. I felt kind of bad but kept telling myself we would do a big celebration on Sunday with cake and presents and all the hoopla. Just as I was about to put Jordan down for the night Luke walked in the door and made Jordan's day. He was so excited to see his daddy and Luke was able to spend an hour with him (I know it doesn't sound like a lot but it was HUGE to us). Despite Jordan never seeing Luke, I think he's a daddy's boy. And I said I wasn't going to get sentimental--sorry!
Anyway, here are two pictures of Jordan doing his favorite thing of the moment. He likes to sit in the bath with the shower head pouring right on him. I swear this kid is part fish!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Those pictures of him in the bath are so priceless! What a sweetie! I love that Luke came home and surprised Jordan! Hopefully it will be a year or so of Luke never home, and once the business starts doing well, he can be home much more! I hope that's the case, and I hope it doesn't even take that long! What a nice Daddy!

Anonymous said...

You have successfully taken and posted naked baby pictures without exposing your child and potentially embarrassing him causing damage for the rest of his life. Those pictures are adorable because he is adorable. I can't believe you have a 1 year old child. I am still getting used to the fact that he is yours and this is not just a babysitting job. This is comment is probably very telling of why I am still single :)

House of Smiths said...

Tell Mr. Jordan that we all say Happy Birthday! Isn't it crazy how fast they grow up. I've been looking at the girls lately and thinking that they are WAY too little to be saying or doing half of the things that they do now. Well good luck! One year old is fun, but wait till 18 months. Then it gets interesting!