Thursday, May 10, 2007

Part One

You might want to get comfy...I have a lot to post. Jordan and I just got back from our "vacation" (although I've decided once you become a mother you no longer get "vacations"). We drove down to Chicago for Kari's bridal shower. It was so nice--unfortunately in the hustle to get Jordan to the babysitter and finish up Kari's present, I forgot my camera. If I can get my hands on some pictures I will post them. The highlight (besides the bride) was a cake that looked just like a purse--so much so that nobody could tell it was a cake until told--so cool.


Then Jordan and I flew to Seattle to spend time with my family. My mom is amazing when it comes to sewing and was brave enough to take on my crazy ideas. I wanted to make a purse and I had a very specific idea in my head so we sketched it out and made it. I am so pleased with how it turned out











It is just big enough for my wallet, cell phone, keys, and lipgloss. NO DIAPERS, WIPES, or BOTTLES.

Then I started thinking more crazy ideas...and this was born.



This one took a lot more work and is a one of a kind-- my mom swore she will never make it again. I wanted the sides stiff and so we used an interfacing that was a challenge to work with. This one is bigger and will hold all the diaper bag necessities. I love my new purses!


While I was in Seattle my parents took me to Bodies: The Exhibition. SO COOL! For those of you that didn't know, Anatomy and Physiology were two of my favorite classes in college. In fact after we saw the cadavers I decided I wanted to be one--when I die--not right now. Luke thinks I am so weird. Anyway if you haven't seen the body exhibit YOU MUST. It's a little pricey but worth every penny. (tiffany that was for you--it is worth the money--even if it is student loans--go see it!)

We had a great time in Seattle playing with family and eating really good food. My dad has a giant brown lovesac in his office that we refer to as the potato. My nephews love to play on it and the newest thing is to be bounced off of it...

And a few more pictures from our trip to Seattle

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

So excited that you're back in the game of blogging! We need to have our monthly chat!

Kimberly Badger said...

The purses are SO cute!