Saturday, March 31, 2007

Yep, it's official we sold our house. We had a couple come through on Tuesday. They loved it and wanted to come back through on Wednesday. We got a call from our realtor Wednesday night and the negotiations began. The offer and counteroffer part has been a bit disheartening as I look around at all of our hardwork and money invested and realize that we are going to lose money on this house--ugh! It's not that we are accepting a low offer it's that we put too much into this house and after only living in it a year we will not get any return on it. Oh well--on to bigger and better, right?! We close the 30th of April so I might be a bit MIA the next few weeks.

On to happier news. Luke is kicking my bum in our March Madness picks. I chose Kansas to go all the way and well UCLA put a stop to that. Luke chose Florida and he is still very much in it. Looking forward to some good games tonight.

Off to scrapbook--now that my house is sold I can pull out all my scrapbook stuff again and make a mess--love it!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

ohhhh. Can I cry with you? I am sorry you don't feel overwhelmingly satisfied with the selling price. What a heartbreaker. Thing thing is--- thinking of all your expenses and things done to the house, you don't know what you could have done withou but would have still allowed the couple to want it so bad and buy it at the same price. Yecccch. I am racing against time to at least enjoy our home for a few months of it being "almost" perfect.... your comment has helped my cause. Kyle was saddened by your despair and will now (maybe) help me in my endeavors to finish this place. Really though, CONGRATS! I am so pleased you sold it so quickly. Your decor and taste in furniture surely helped significantly. Now you dont have to live in a glass house anymore, right? HOoooray!

Tiffany said...

CONGRATS AL! I still wish you were moving to AZ though.